Re: [v3] c++0x <mutex> and <condition_variable>

Kai Henningsen wrote:
Instead of sprinkling #ifs, how about just supplying a single-thread
implementation of what __GTHREADS offers? Most of those would
presumably be dummy functions which'd vanish on inlining.
I agree, I agree. However, some functions apparently don't use low-level gthread facilities directly and I'm wondering if a mix of the two strategies isn't the best solution (I mean, some code also in the trivial form corresponding to __GTHREADS undefined, protected by one single #ifdef, as you are saying, plus some code in common between the two cases)