Re: Anyone/anything still using CVS on gcc.gnu.org?

From: "Dave Korn" <dave.korn@artimi.com>
 Hear, hear.  The name of the list is an arbitrary label, not instructions
on what kind of client to use to access the repository; why, just for the
sake of making it "correct" in some non-functional sense of the word
should
everyone in the world have to adjust their
whitelists/forwards/spamfilters/webarchives/etc.?

 There should be a fairly clear benefit before asking all those people to
do all that work.

Jeez, I didn't realize people felt so viscerally against this.  I thought
the impact on users would be small.  I.e. I'm curious who actually
subscribes to the gcc-cvs list.  Is it a large list?  (I don't know.)

I don't think humans post to it either, it only gets machine generated
messages from checkins.  So it's not like address books would have to be
updated.  (Personally I only access it from the website if I'm looking for
something specific).  But seems like you think I'm wrong on how difficult
this change would be for users.

Okay, no big deal.  A comment on the webpage I mentioned could be another
way to address my point about the name being misleading...