Re: [patch-rfc] N2179: Exception Propagation in C++

Hi,

> That's understandable. However, my problem is simple: <exception>
> contains the definition of exception_ptr. Various source files
> of  libsupc++ contain implementations of its members, as well as
> the three functions using it. These need to see the definition of
> exception_ptr.

Ok. But apparently, since you have already __GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__ guards on the member functions using C++0x core features (eg rvalue refs), you don't really need a C++0x compiler to build your new exception_ptr facilities (ie, libsupc++ new exports)

Thus, I'm thinking, why not having exception_ptr & co in an internal, separate, header file, included by the *.cc files, and also included, conditional to __GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__ by the user-visible <exception>? Maybe some details of your patch have to be tweaked a bit (declarations reordered, forward declarations added), but seems a workable solution, to me...