Re: HELP! longstanding abi_check failures on i686 & x86_64 (linux-gnu)

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 01:11:53AM +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> Joe Buck wrote:
> >The section you point to says that if the needed locales aren't present,
> >some tests will be skipped.  It does not say that the abi_check test
> >will fail.
> >
> Maybe the documentation could be improved / extended. As a matter of
> fact, the baselines used for abi_check have been generated using a
> specific locale model and in case a different locale model is selected
> at configure time (or, for that matter, other options are used which
> actually affect the ABI) the abi_check can only fail... I don't think we
> can improve abi_check much from this point of view, maybe the docs...

Perhaps the abi_check could be preceded by a different test, that would
test for the presence of needed locales.

A test run might then look like

Running target unix
FAIL: locales_installed (some locales are not installed, abi_check will fail)
FAIL: abi_check
XPASS: 26_numerics/headers/cmath/c99_classification_macros.cc

Another possibility is to break abi_check into two tests, one of which
checks everything other than locales, one of which checks everything that
depends on locales.