Re: [Patch / Request For Testers] libstdc++/34032

Eric Niebler wrote:
> I can confirm that that patch fixes the problem with <iostream> and
> ::isblank. Of course, it means that some standard C++0x functions are
> not available under -std=c++0x even though they are implemented on
> cygwin, but I don't think there is much gcc can do about that. Someone
> needs to fix cygwin's C headers.
Thanks Eric. I agree with your analysis. Note that there is more about
it: as I'm going to write in a comment in acinclude.m4, such targets
define snprintf and co as extensions for a reason: those implementations
are pre-standard, not fully-conforming C99 faciltities. snprintf is a
common example: pre-standard the return value was different, didn't tell
the user the required size in case the buffer was exceeded.