Re: Predefined macros for rvalue reference support?

On Apr 30, 2007, at 2:25 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:

Hi Peter,

I don't need fine-grained control. I just need a way to detect rvalue reference support. If -std=c++0x guarantees rvalue reference support, I can use __GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__ for that.

AFAIK, rvalue references are not yet available in any branch. Of course are forthcoming, a patch is being finalized. This is the last version, I think:

Anyway, for your type of work, maybe you should fetch cxx0x-branch:

http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx0x.html

... and / or keep in touch with Doug!

We're waiting on verification of a copyright assignment before rvalue references go onto the cxx0x-branch. However, the Boost 'OSL5' tester has rvalue references support. So, while we wait until this feature makes it into GCC 4.3, I have made the OSL5 tester define __RVALUE_REFS to state that rvalue references are available. You can use that for now; we'll remove it before 4.3 ships.

- Doug