backwards headers vs. C++0x

Ok folks, I'm looking to generate a consensus opinion on what to do here.

My original suggestion/patch was to remove all, completely. However,
I'm  now suggesting to soften this to: removal, then allow old headers
to petition for re-instatement. Providing, of course, that we get to
abuse the petitioner as part of this process. That way, dead headers
will indeed die off. The rest will have to show signs of life.

Gaby seems to prefer that we keep most of them. I think this is what
Howard prefers as well. Do I have this about right?

Paolo? Ulrich? Loren? Others?

-benjamin