Re: [v3] use AM_ICONV

Won't you need to apply this to the 4.1 branch as well?  I thought the fix
for 28125 went in there too.

Hi Kaveh. Thanks for your patience with this.

I reverted the patch for 28125 on gcc-4_1-branch and gcc-4_2-branch. I'm waiting for your regression testers to get back to normal before trying anything tricky. Given the size of this patch I'm not super interested in putting it in gcc-4_1-branch, ever.

I'm not convinced that this patch, as-is, is going to be sufficient. Conceptually, it seems the right approach but I don't understand how AM_ICONV can be used for crosses, even though it clearly is being used that way in both libjava and gcc.

I see some breakage on the solaris10 results you posted. Any chance you could investigate? Also awaiting solaris8 and 9 results as that seems to be the real issue, not solaris10. I'm still not convinced I have the --disable-iconv-prefix thing fixed to your satisfaction.

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2007-01/msg01157.html

Does something need to be wrapped with _GLIBCXX_HAVE_ICONV to get these to work? Or are the testcase assumptions incorrect? Not quite sure where the breakage is: more details would be helpful. Also I see the darwin tester has new issues.

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2007-01/msg01153.html

best,
benjamin