This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: PATCH RFA: Add support for -Wparentheses to the C++ frontend (PR c++/19564)
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 13 Dec 2006 08:58:15 -0800
- Subject: Re: PATCH RFA: Add support for -Wparentheses to the C++ frontend (PR c++/19564)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Benjamin Kosnik <email@example.com> writes:
> > This patch includes the fixes to libstdc++ to avoid the new warnings.
> > These are logically separate. I included them in this patch because
> > they are mechanical, but I can break them out if preferred.
> > This has been tested with a bootstrap and testsuite run (including
> > libstdc++ testsuite) on i686-pc-linux-gnu.
> Looks good to me.
> I think it might be a good idea to build with -Wparentheses now that
> you've cleaned things up. To do so, you'll need to edit WARN_FLAGS in
> That part is pre-approved, if you think it's worthwhile.
No need for that change; -Wall already implies -Wparentheses.
(This patch still needs approval from a C frontend maintainer and a
C++ frontend maintainer.)