Re: [Patch] libstdc++/29989

Paolo Carlini wrote:

>> Right, but I'm kind of wondering whether this cruft was introduced to
>> work around something that should have been fixed by fixincludes (does
>> some platform have headers that define min and max as macros?)

VxWorks has min and max macros in the user namespace.  And, fixincludes
isn't really a viable solution since people depend on the macros being
available for C code.  I completely acknowledge that the OS is
non-conformant, but it would be nice if it worked.

I believe that we may have fixed this in some places by using:

  T (min)(T, T)

so that function-like macros did not affect the declarations.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery