Re: C++0x support for libstdc++-v3?

> Mainline GCC now has the -std=c++0x and -std=gnu++0x flags, which enable
> experimental C++0x features. I suggest that when one of these flags are
> provided, libstdc++ also provide the C++0x library features.

Sounds like a good plan, man.

> I suggest that we shuffle the headers so that the C++0x headers that
> involve TR1 components (like <tuple> and <functional>) include the TR1
> bits, then make them available in namespace "std", while the TR1 headers
> make them available in namespace std::tr1. Most likely, we'll need to
> move all of the TR1 bits into a new namespace (std::__tr1), then have
> strong using pull them into the appropriate namespace.

Your idea of using namespace association to do this is intriguing to
me: you make it sound easy. I'll bite: I volunteer for this part.

Pity we canot fudge and just keep std::tr1. I think we could do it with
the header additions and a one-file (c++config.h) change with that
constraint.

-benjamin