Two months later... search algorithms in __gnu_cxx::

Hi Benjamin,

Excellent. Well, the comparison would be easier if you had used the

performance testcase that *yourself* added some time ago, but anyway, we can take care of that double check, no problem. Otherwise, I'm unsure that we want to add the new trait to the general ext/traits file, and I still believe a separate file would be better (because of the already mentioned namespace issue). Otherwise, I think we are quickly converging to something we can commit soon, good.

I think all non-TR1 traits should be added to ext/type_traits, FWIW.

To be clear: I was unsure about the general usefulness of the new trait, thus the only other possibility I had in mind was keeping it together with the new search algorithm. The latter, in turn, is maybe more suited for a separate, new, file, because of libstdc++/24537, which implies that we may want two different namespaces for legacy HP/SGI facilities and new extension facilities.