Re: [RFC] exports and linkage for TR1

Hi Benjamin,
I feel like TR1 is less in flux now. What do others think? Should we
start exporting bits, and thus having to deal with compatibility?
Thoughts about particular bits that should be avoided?
In my opinion the issue isn't particularly urgent. In this sense: as you remind elsewhere, we could as well wait a bit more (probably the erase overloads will change in C++0x) and then add exports for the corresponding, more stable C++0x bits in namespace *std* instead of mixing now tr1 and std facilities. I have similar feelings about the tr1::type_traits issue: instead of using tr1:: names in the implementation of standard facilities, we can as well wait a bit more (see the message from Howard about a few bits still in flux) and then use the C++0x type_traits facilities in std.