Re: STL and explicit template instantiation

Robert Schweikert wrote:

You can't, for the very same reason, only involving slightly different helper templates, that is the point, right?

touche

Elegant ;) Really, my point is that this kind of issue is not new, has always been there, besided the specific case of __uninitialized_fill_n_a which are going to fix (and thanks for your report). As pointed out by Benjamin, we should definitely try to reassess whether we can inline more implicit templates, that will certainly help, but personally I'm not sure we can do that always and everywhere, I think it's a pretty strong requirement for such heavily templated bits of the library if one wants to fight at the same time code bloat.