Re: [v3] ext/type_traits.h

On Sep 28, 2006, at 12:04 PM, Martin Sebor wrote:

Sorry to jump in on this discussion with only a tangentially
related question, but I'm wondering if this functionality is
being proposed for C++ (or if there are plans to do so).

"Explored" is probably a better word than "proposed" at this point.

Btw., we've also had the need for signed/unsigned conversion in
our library in the past. We dealt with it by adding a typedef or
two to numeric_limits, something like this (we don't have them
anymore but at one point private versions of them were in there):

   numeric_limits<T>::signed_type
   numeric_limits<T>::unsigned_type

Thanks for the data point. Imho that puts us a notch closer to a proposal.

-Howard