Re: STL and explicit template instantiation

> Now of course the follow on question since I poked at this some more.
> Why would the
>
> __uninitialized_fill_n_aux
> __uninitialized_fill_n_a
>
> template function not be inlined when all other template functions in
> the stl_uninitialized.h header are inlined? Could this be considered as
> a bug? When I hack the header to inline these template functions the
> problem goes away, as expected based on your answer.

Perhaps. These functions look to be inlined inconsistently, at least at
first glance.

However, inlining  every function just leads to other functions (fill,
fill_n) being pushed out of line.

Maybe -Winline and tuning (re-tuning?) these headers is a better
option...

-benjamin