[RFA] Allowing in|out|app

Hi,

I'm sure that in the past we closed as invalid quite a few PRs wanting an in|out|app open mode because the letter of the standard currently doesn't allow it.

Yesterday, Thom Plum finally raised the issue on the LWG reflector, maintaining that in fact the C standards include an "a+" (and an "a+b") open mode and there is no apparent reason not to allow in C++ the corresponding in|out|app (and in|out|app|binary) modes. Martin Sebor agreed and pointed out that most implementations already allow it.

Basing on that, assuming nobody posts contrary opinions to the LWG mailing list during the next few days, I'm considering enabling those modes for our implementation too, as an extension, which, I believe, would be appreciated by our users. Contrary opinions here?

Thanks,