Re: [v3] PATCH: PR 20599 (variadic templates, take two) (4/4)

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 00:01:49 +0200, Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@suse.de>
wrote:

>Richard Kenner wrote:
>
>>>It's really the same in English, though this is an increasingly common
>>>idiom; the implication is more like "I'm sure you didn't intend this",
>>>or "if you understood the consequences you would not want this".
>>>

>>Or, as in NYC: "Don't even THINK of parking here!".

Funny :-) To avoid any misunderstanding, though, I must say I used the
idiom automatically; the meaning I had inferred from its usage wasn't
probably none of what the native speakers have pointed out, just
something like "one doesn't usually open an unnamed namespace".
Certainly it was nothing like "if you understood the consequences...
etc."

Apologies if it was received differently.

--
Genny.