Re: Fwd: C++ PATCH: PR 20599 (1/3)

On 19 Sep 2006 19:40:27 +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis
<gdr@integrable-solutions.net> wrote:

>Gennaro Prota <gennaro_prota@yahoo.com> writes:
>
>| I'm not sure how to interpret this. I choose not to submit something
>| which is (in my opinion, of course) flawed in many respects. Are you
>| implying it would have still been better than nothing?
>
>I agree there is a danger that a "flawed" proposal gets "bad
>reputation" and its acceptance rate gets lower.  However, I've
>seen no single "mid-sized" proposal that went in unmodified, or for
>which no one spot flaws in it.  So, yes submitting something is,
>IMHO, better than nothing.

Hmm, I guess you changed my perspective a bit :-) Since it is too late
to submit a paper for TR2, I'll try at a minimum to make soon the real
code available, so that there's a tangible proof-of-concept of a
different design somewhere. That's what comes immediately to mind.
Better suggestions very welcome :-)

--
Genny.