Re: Search algorithms in __gnu_cxx::

Dhruv Matani wrote:
Let me know if there is any problem, or if I can go ahead and make a patch.
Lots of problems ;) Besides trivial stylistic issues, __is_char which we already have, and so on, frankly I don't like much where you say that you are deviating from the real Boyer-Moore algorithm for simplicity: as I tried to explain already, I'd rather start with a clean, neat, implementation of the original algorithm or, as a second choice, of one among the published, well known variants (many in the already mentioned web page, for example). Otherwise, we cannot call the algorithm Boyer-Moore, we have to analyze from scratch its complexity, convince people that it always works correctly, and so on, and so on...