Re: libstdc++5 conflict

Am Montag, den 11.09.2006, 11:55 +0200 schrieb Benjamin Kosnik:
> > please somebody helpme. My gcc version is 4.0.1
>
> It sounds like you are trying to use a non-standard Oracle development
> environment, which probably specifies gcc-3.2.x or gcc-3.3.x and libstdc
> ++.so.5. I don't know anything about Oracle's requirements.

Yeah, oracle is (in)famous for tying you to some ancient gcc version for
using their c++ libraries. The best one can get is try to look whats the
newest supported ( I think 3.3) and live with it. Or ditch the c++
support (which is awfull anyways) and roll up your own, ore take one of
the many free ones on top of the c interface, which does not have those
problems.

anyways benjamin is of course right, this is something for the oracle
support forums, since you have to get the library from *them*.

greets

Dennis