Re: Search algorithms in __gnu_cxx::

Dhruv Matani wrote:

If I get your point, the above does not mean of course that those
algorithms are not suited for __gnu_cxx::__bm_search, and also
__gnu_cxx::__kmp_search, and whatelse... Extension implementations of
the best algorithms in:

http://www-igm.univ-mlv.fr/~lecroq/string/

are certainly welcome, in principle!

If people here find this suggestion do able, please let me know, since I'm willing to take charge of it.

Sure, I think a new file for /ext, adding 2-3 among the best algorithms (possibly, also beyond the reference above, not so up to date anymore!) certainly would be a nice improvement! I would recommend, however, maximum code clarity from a C++ point of view, rather literal implementation of the algorithms as presented in the literature, performance micro hacks can wait...