Re: [Patch (preview)] libstdc++/24469

I like this idea, you two! Thanks for updating the comments as well.

More elaborate documentation changes would of course be welcome.

> Yes, I think it is, we are doing much worse things about alignment in
> the current basic_string... ;) Also, note that, for now, at least, we
> are not suggesting mt_allocator for all the possible targets in the
> world, but essentially for gnu/linux and a bit more (the are nasty
> issues about static ordering, things like that)

Hmm.

Another way to do this is to take v7 mt_allocator, add these patches,
and then rename to something like __power2_allocator (suggestions
welcome) and check it in as a new file, and then add deprecated
warnings to __mt_alloc headers.

> By the way, updated version of our work forthcoming...

Ok. I'm very hardware constrained at the moment so will only be of use
sanity checking the single-cpu performance.

-benjamin