Re: Trivial clean-up patch for stl_tree

Hi Gawain,

Hello,

Here's a trivial clean-up patch for stl_tree. I noticed a few months ago but, well, this is clearly not urgent for anyone...

trivial, indeed, but unfortunately doesn't pass make-check-abi, because the functions are exported...

I was also thinking of contributing other patches for stl_tree.h to factorize some of the code, unless there is any objection or perhaps this is not the right time for such patches which may well change the ABI? - How's that for a run-on sentence ;-)

For 4.2.0 we are not breaking the ABI, therefore you should target v7-branch for that kind of changes. And I'm pretty sure there is a lot of room for clean-ups, it would be great if you could figure out an ABI-safe set of changes for the current ABI... (this project was in my TODO, but you are super-super-welcome!)

Thanks,