Re: Library C++ conformance question

Steve Ellcey wrote:
FWIW, I agree with your reading that the facets should ignore
the initial value of the iostate argument. As for setting eofbit,
that's now required (or will be in the next standard) -- see
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/lwg-defects.html#248

Martin

So should I should submit a bug report against libstdc++ that it is not
ignoring the initial value of iostate for get_date and other get_*
locale functions?

I would, but I have no say in what happens to it, at least not until the standard is clarified to specify how these functions should treat the iostate argument (actually not even then :)

I do intend to propose that they treat it the same as the get()
functions, i.e., that they too ignore its initial value.

Martin