Re: how to add a new file to libstdc++ ?

Marek Zuk wrote:
I added new file to include/c++/bits directory, but I cannot use it in
my program (#include doesn't work). How to add new files with
templates to my own copy of STL?
I think the best way to learn about those topics is studying what gets checked in by the maintainers and the various contributors when a new file is added: have a look to the Changelog, find an interesting entry (I would suggest something in include/tr1) and then browse the individual commits with:

http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/

Also, you will need the autoconf and automake tools, appropriate versions (2.59 and 1.9.6), in order to be able to run 'autoreconf' after having changed any Makefile.am, etc.
The second thing is I'd like to use the standard red-black tree
templates that are in bits directory, but - as I know - they are not
in STL interface.
How can I use them in my programs?
Just try to mimic the way are used by existing containers like std::set...

Paolo.

P.S. Marek, while doing your thesis you will learn the hard way that often you have to help yourself... the sooner the better, if you can accept my gray-haired advice... ;)