Re: __cxa_atexit question

Mark Mitchell wrote:
> I do take your point about interoperation with C code.  However, on many
> of these systems, if you link with a C++ runtime library that defines
> atexit, then the C code in your application will call that version of
> atexit as well.

And how do you imagine this magically happens?  It's all a matter of the
lookup path (for ELF) and whatever is the mechanism for other binary
formats.  If the libc appears earlier in the lookup path of _any_ object
used at runtime you'll get a mismatch of libc and libsupc++ atexit uses.

There is no reliable way to do this except adding support to the libc.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â