Re: libtool insistence upon -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions in libsupc++?

> As a result, I'm compiling this as a freestanding library,
> and I suspect that most people will be using "-fno-exceptions -fno-
> rtti" in their compilation.

Be advised that only "-fno-exceptions" is tested (and that, quite
sporadically).

I just built gcc-mainline's libstdc++ with

make CXXFLAGS="-fno-exceptions"

and it worked.

However,

make CXXFLAGS="-fno-exceptions -fno-rtti"

Does not. IMHO, there was never an effort made to get -fno-rtti to
work. Part of the problem is that there is no analogue to
__EXCEPTIONS__ and -fno-exceptions for -fno-rtti.

However, if these sources are removed:

libsupc++/eh_exception.cc
libsupc++/tinfo2.cc
src/debug.cc
src/debug_list.cc

you'll be able to compile libstdc++ successfully.

My recomendation is to just remove those files for your build and
proceed.

> However, when the compilation gets to libsupc++,
> I have problems with libtool insisting upon using "-fno-rtti -fno-
> exceptions" to compile code that uses "typeid", which then fails the
> compilation.
>
> I did not ask for "-fno-rtti -fno-exceptions".

I don't know what this problem is.

best,
benjamin