Re: internship opportunities

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 06:42:10PM -0500, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> Yo people. I'm putting together ideas for Summer of Code.
> More ideas? Please either respond to this thread or edit TODO.

An off-the-wall thought:

How about seeing what we can do to get clearer error messages
when people make mistakes using all of our fancy class facilities?
This might affect both the compiler and the library.

A first cut, which would need little expertise, is to collect the
types of confusing messages people typically encounter, and think
about ways for the compiler to guess what the intent was.

Without some effort like this, using TR1 is not going to be much fun.