Re: [Patch] Implement Option 3 of DR 431

On Dec 20, 2005, at 3:47 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:

Howard Hinnant wrote:
Caution for mainline: C++03 allocators are not required to be swappable (they have copyconstructible but lack copyassignable). In practice this doesn't appear to be a major problem, and can be easily fixed by adding a swap to your non-assignable allocator. Just thought I'd better mention it.
I know about that, of course, and we already discussed the issue a bit. Given that otherwise container::swap is totally broken for unequal allocators, and your analysis in N1599, it's the best we can do... well you agree of course ;) and Gaby too. Maybe, additionally to mentioning DR 431 in the docs, as we usually do by default for implemented DRs, we can also add a note to the 4.2 release notes, but we have got time for that. If nobody objects, I'm definitely going to commit this work to mainline too.

Paolo.

No objection here.