Re: Localization: example from document page doesn't work for latin characters ?

Jan Pfeifer wrote:

>Thanks for the answer :). I tried the C version as well, and it displays
>the same problem. I didn't know that the stdc++ used the libc
>implementation for these localization issues.

Yes, I suspected that... ;)

If you have available the sources of the C library (for example, glibc),
you may want to look in the directory localedata, where all the locales
are described in "plain" ascii files. There are, for example, tables,
describing what is considered an uppercase char and what not and
references to the Unicode standard. I think for some reason those chars
are sometimes not considered uppercase / lowercase, respectively, but at
the moment I don't know more, sorry.

I'll follow the replies you will get ;)