Re: Curious issue with char_traits

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
"Peter Dimov" <pdimov@mmltd.net> writes:

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@suse.de> writes:

Peter Dimov wrote:

Reopening the issue and fixing the compiler would be much better
for the C++ world at large, IMO. :-)
I can personally agree, but then you have to convince Gaby, he
closed it and I trust him about name lookup...
There is a core issue for this and there was an extensive discussion
of possible actions.  Making the program ill-formed is the option
that met consensus, and therefore implemented.

Consensus?

Please read the audit trail of the core issue and the full discussion.

Can you please point me to the relevant messages? The notes on issue 218:

"The issue at this point is whether we should (1) make a small change to make the standard clear (presumably in the direction of not finding the non-functions in the lookup), and revisit the issue later as an extension, or (2) leave the standard alone for now and make any changes only as part of considering the extension. A straw vote favored option (1) by a strong majority."

are from the 10/01 meeting and seem out of date.