Re: compile/runtime testing for __cxa_atexit

> Longer term, maybe we can investigate whether we can unify somehow the
> different approaches that we have for named locales vs wchar_t/threads.
> Probably it's not urgent because the final effect is similar (and
> correct) - in some cases, a smaller number of tests actually run - but
> maybe the former is a tad more robust?!? I'm not sure. In particular,
> I'm not sure which one is more friendly to Mark's ideas about testing
> without the build dir.

I do prefer the named locale approach, as you can guess since I just
copied it largely unchanged for the __cxa_atexit work. However, I think
that we'll have to have wchar_t and thread macros in libstdc++, so it's
ok to do that kind of dejagnu style as well.

I do think we should
resist adding macros to c++config.h just for use in the testsuite,
which is another reason the more autoconfy, compile/run look at the
results kind of test like dg-require-namedlocale are cool.
(Now that I think about it, I wonder if the memory limit stuff can be
moved over to dejagnu instead of autoconf. Anyway. There's no big rush
to do this.)

>From what I can tell, both will work without the bulid dir.

The main advantage of the dejagnu requires style is that it doesn't
impose naming conventions like "thread" and "wchar_t" to be part of the
full path name. However, I don't consider this to be a big deal, and to
be honest, I think we need to organize a lot of the testsuite along
these lines anyway, as it matches the functionality of the standard. I
suspect this was your point?

What I really like, with both approaches, is that the "unsupported"
tests are now numbered accurately. I find that a big help! The current
results are much more accurate for systems like Solaris and AIX.

-benjamin