Re: [v3] libstdc++/20534 contd contd

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

>Here's a simpler way to do this without exports. Without the export, it
>will be easier to sync mainline to gcc-4_0-branch.

Well, maybe it will but on the other hand we are inlining a very rarely
called and performance non-critical function in a *lot* of places!
Agreed, in debug mode we don't care much about code quality issues, but
the bloat can certainly be very high: there are quite a few very small
functions in the containers that can very easily grow 2-3 times bigger!
What about keeping the current approach in mainline and using the new,
less invasive, one in the 4_0-branch only? Or, as far as I'm concerned,
we can as well *not* have the assert removal in 4_0-branch...