Re: [Patch] Fix ac_c99_complex configury

Paolo Carlini wrote:
Mark Mitchell wrote:

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

the use of the new __builtin_clog exposed a serious weakness in our
configury: the check for ac_c99_complex (and then for
_GLIBCXX_USE_C99_COMPLEX), uses the C compiler together with
AC_TRY_COMPILE: we are basically checking for prototypes but C (vs C++)
doesn't care and this means that the test basically *always* passes. I
propose to simply use AC_TRY_LINK, here and I'm finishing regtesting
the
below.

You can't use any link tests in this macro, it's used by crosses and native toolchains.

I thought you just couldn't use run tests. Why can't you use link tests?

At least this is not *totally* obvious, fiuu! Thanks: often I feel a
little stupid when I have to do with the configury bits and now I can
fool myself that I'm not more naive than our release manager, great! ;) ;)

Heh. Do you actually know the answer to my question, or are you confused like me?

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC