Re: [Patch] libstdc++/19664

> I would appreciate that. Also, if you could contact people actually
> involved with the visibility stuff, we are really in trouble for lack of
> maintainers: that's whay I'm so scared by the prospect of punting until
> we have also an extension to namespaces... :(

Ok.

I'm also a bit worried about this whole approach, and this feature in
general. I wasn't paying much attention when the libsupc++ bits went in,
to be honest. So.........

However, I think your plan for moving forward sounds completely
reasonable.

> 100% right. What I want to do is preparing a clean v3-specific testcase,
> xfaild for now, that would pass only with the series of three patches
> mentioned here, for example:
>
>     http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-05/msg02042.html
>
> applied. Will commit the v3 changes *only* together with the testcase.

Great. I could never get the example provided with std::string (at some
point, on some list: sorry!) to fail.

-benjamin