Re: PATCH: dg-require-{fork,mkfifo} for V3 testsuite

Janis Johnson wrote:
On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 04:11:57PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:

This patch adds dg-require-fork and dg-require-mkfifo to the generic
GCC test infrastructure, and then uses it in the V3 testsuite, instead
of using "try_mkfifo" and blindly calling "fork", even on systems that
don't support it.

OK to commit V3 bits? Janis, any objections to GCC bits?

I'm still catching up after being away from mail for most of last week.

It's more flexible to use "dg-require-effective-target fork" than
dg-require-fork, since then the effective-target keyword "fork" can be
used in a selector expression with other effective-target keywords or
target triplets.  Until someone needs that capability, though, it's
fine.

I didn't know how general this effective-target stuff was becoming; that's very cool. I'm going to (lazily!) leave the current version alone until/unless you ask me to fix it -- but if you do ask me, I'll be happy to do it.

Thanks!

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC