Re: Fw: [patch] Make std::tr1::shared_ptr thread-safe.

On Apr 2, 2005 12:33 AM, Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@suse.de> wrote:
> Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>
> >As requested, this is my first patch with the addition of empty critical
> >sections to ensure a consistent view of the ref count.
> >
> >Tested x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu mainline, testing 4.0 now,
> >also tested against the modified Boost tests.
> >

> Thanks Jonathan! If nobody finds even more subtle problems ;), tomorrow
> morning I will regtest it on a couple different multiprocessor machines.

Itanic stuff that was posted here contained nothing having anything to do
with memory syncronization AFAICS. The rest of exchange_and_add()
stuff was totally busted (WRT reference counting and msync) as well.

So reg or not reg, your testing is a bit premature I'm afraid.

regards,
alexander.