Re: [patch] Make std::tr1::shared_ptr thread-safe.

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 03:44:55PM +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:

> Hi Jonathan,
>
> >I've also changed some tests so they use "dg-excess-errors" instead of
> >multiple "dg-error" lines which need their line numbers kept in sync.
> >

> I'm not sure that using dg-excess-errors is an improvement, because I
> don't think
> such testcases qualify as special cases per:
>
>     http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/HowToPrepareATestcase

It was that (very useful) document that gave me the idea of using
dg-excess-errors :-)   I was going by the bit that said:

    Moreover, this command can be useful to take care of all the
    additional information notes that the compiler emits to help the
    user fixing the problem: since they all look like: foo.c:26: note:
    blah , it is sufficient to use { dg-excess-errors "note" } to match
    all of them.

Since in those tests the real error has been caught on the line that
won't compile, the other errors are just the "candidates are" notes that
are printed. We're not matching anything very specific in those notes,
so (I thought) we don't care e.g. what other constructors there are as
long as we can't construct from an auto_ptr rvalue.

I'll change them back and update any line numbers that have changed with
the mutex patch.

> >OK to commit to mainline and 4.0 (assuming 4.0 tests also pass) ?
> >

> Otherwise, ok with me, Jonathan: as usual, please allow all the
> maintainers to
> comment before checking-in, say wait at least a couple of days.

Sure. I won't be able to run the 4.0 tests for a few hours anyway, and
I'll send a revised patch without dg-excess-errors and wait for any
extra comments on that.

Thanks,

jon

--