Re: PATCH: Run V3 tests on installed compiler

[...]

| I immediately offered to revert my patch, once you objected.  But, I
| don't feel it discourteous for GWP people to check in changes without
| consulting the C++ maintainership first, so long as they go through
| the usual testing procedures.

A snag is that a GWP is not necessarily someone who knows the
intimate details of every aspect of GCC (nor shall he/she be required
to), which is why consulting with field people before check-in would
have been appreciated. As far as I can see that courtesy had been
exercised in the past and I hope that will continue.

I don't think that needs to be written in stone -- we usually work by
trust.

On my side, I consider the issue resolved.

-- Gaby