Re: PATCH: Run V3 tests on installed compiler

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

I would ask you to allow us time to comment on future patches,
even without an explicit rule.

Yes, I will do that.

Please don't think that the test infrastructure is just some minor thing
that nobody cares about.

Certainly not! In fact, I care about it very much, which is why I'm trying to make it useful in more situations. :-)

If there are technical changes (up to and including reverting it) that need to be made to the patch, please let me know. I'll revisit the broader agenda later, on this list, after this particular patch has had a chance to age a bit.

Concretely, my next proposed change will be to build the .po files while running the tests, which will improve the installed-compiler testing, and also would fix the PR that Paolo referenced.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC