Re: PATCH: Run V3 tests on installed compiler

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

| Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
| >>I see that now.
| > A truly magnanimous apology. Again, I expect more: your behavior is
| > a disappointment.
| | I tried to call you to talk about this, but I may have an out-of-date
| phone number for you.

you would have to call all of us then.

As stated earlier, I'm sorry that I've somehow caused so much consternation. It was certainly not my intent; rather, I simply wanted to make it possible for people to more thoroughly test their toolchains.

Apprently, I failed to understand the V3 commit policies. The usual standard, as I understand it, for GWP check-ins is that the maintainer feel comfortable that s/he understands the code well enough to change it. I had that level of comfort.

I like to see whatever policy is desired put in cvswrite.html, but Benjamin has indicated that he doesn't think this is necessary. I can certainly remember to wait 24 hours in future, but I'm not sure how everyone else will know.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC