Re: PATCH: Run V3 tests on installed compiler

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

[...]

| Your plan would work too, but rather than having DejaGNU look for the
| file, I think it would be technically better to have the user use the
| normal DejaGNU mechanisms for selecting which tests to run.  Perhaps,
| we could put the logic you're looking for into the Makefile, so that
| "make check-maintainer" automatically passed in testsuite_files, if
| typing the runtest command manually is noxious.  I don't feel very
| strongly about this; if you think its vital that DejaGNU look for the
| file, I'll make that change ASAP.

That would be an improvement.

What, in particular, would be an improvement? Adding "check-maintainer" (or "maintainer-check"?)? Or, changing normal.exp to read testsuite_files if it exists? What is it you would like me to do?

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC