Re: [patch] : RFC : rvalue / move symantics

Chris Jefferson wrote:

While I still have some other things to finish cleaning, up I thought I'd send out this simple patch that adds move symantics to std::vector and std::unique, for any comments before untakeing adding the symantics to all the other containers / algorithms. This patch looks an awful lot like N1770 and N1771, recently posted papers to www.open-std.org about rvalue references, which isn't suprising as it was somewhat based on an old one. I've designed so that if and when rvalue symantics are added to the compiler, a simple(ish) search-and-replace will move us to the behaviour of N1770 and N1771.

... if only I could read N1770 between all those red annotations... ;) ;)

Seriously, I'm now finally looking into your proposal and everything seems very good so far ;)

Serious objections anyone?!? Otherwise, I'm going to apply the patch to v7-branch (after an additional round of testing) and proceed with these exciting improvements...