Re: Missing qualifications

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

Yes.  One of curiosities of GCC ABI is insisting on allocating registers
for values of empty classes and insisting on filling them with zero.
Nobody cares about those values but GCC thinks it must issue useless
loads and stores.

Actually, I wonder whether Daniel Berlin work will magically help? In my very rough, current understanding, should exactly help with unused members of structures and the related loads and stores, well beyond SRA... I will try to understand those things in better detail and I'd like to ask Chris to do the same: at least monitor the generated assembly until after Danny work goes in.