Re: Legalize access to file descriptors now! (So sue me.)

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 09:36:32PM -0400, Brad Spencer wrote:
> We need it, and we get it with a tiny class I first posted in
> <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/libstdc++/2004-04/msg00146.html>.  It hasn't
> proven too painful for us.  I even use it to keep something open and
> force some things closed when fork()ing.  Granted, I don't need it on
> _every_ stream.  Anyway, for what it's worth, here's one approach.

Errr.. oops.  Re-reading it all, I see you want to get at the file
descriptor all the time and you actually use a form of the trick I was
using.  Sorry.

Brad Spencer - spencer@infointeractive.com - "It's quite nice..."
Systems Architect | InfoInterActive Corp. | A Canadian AOL Company