Legalize access to file descriptors now! (So sue me.)

Since we've had the discussion whether to allow access to file descriptors
from C++ stream objects more than once without any result, I've had to
hack my way through to the file descriptors by applying a good amount of
brute force (not to mention all the beer).

So, here is my lament: http://www.ginac.de/~kreckel/fileno/.  Could you
folks please, please make the access a little bit more smooth?  We need
the
file descriptor.  We are going to get it.  Don't prolong the agony.

--
Richard B. Kreckel
<http://www.ginac.de/~kreckel/>