This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: V3 PATCH: Export std::basic_iostream constructors/destructors
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <benjamin dot kosnik at gmail dot com>
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:33:48 -0600
- Subject: Re: V3 PATCH: Export std::basic_iostream constructors/destructors
- Organization: secret agents
- References: <200502081642.j18GgVnm005635@sethra.codesourcery.com>
Hey Mark, this patch looks fine.
We're trying to keep 3.4/4.0 in sync WRT exports, so you'll have to
apply this to 3_4-branch as well, thanks.
> As these functions are part of an "extern template" they
> *must* be exported by the shared library, or we can indeed get link
> failure later. It looks like someone has run into this problem
> before, in that there are entries for other constructors and
> destructors in the version map.
Yes, this is correct.