Re: Mystery solved; zero FAILs again with mainline on freebsd5

Loren James Rittle wrote:

PS, I don't have a strong negative to aligning them now that you
observed the parallel (the above banter was in regards to how hard I'd
look to find places to change).

In my opinion, we should either document why they are different or align:
in general, char and wchar_t tests in those areas are *always* the same and
if I see a very tiny difference in one place I want to know the reason of it
Particularly, in such a case: the usage of a static (I can well agree that in
principle is totally correct, better than other solutions) is very uncommon
in the testsuite.