Re: C++ PATCH: Disallow floating-point literals in integral-constant expressions

On Feb 3, 2005, at 8:16 AM, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
There are a few places where "g++ -pedantic" gives hard errors that
should arguably be warnings. Using "long long" is a pedantic error in
C++, but only a warning in C. If that's intentional I'll prepare a docs
patch that says "-pedantic" sometimes gives errors in C++ even without
-pedantic-errors.

Not a problem, there isn't a long long in C++, therefore, the standard mandates an error, therefore, when asked to give an error, we do.